What you put into your body affects your overall health & well being, but often people neglect that what you eat also affects your body’s largest organ; your skin. Here are a list of foods to eat more often for healthy and glowing skin.
1) Fatty Fish – Fatty fish such as salmon contain essential omega-3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation and acne, as well as keep the skin moisturized.
2) Sweet Potato – Sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene which acts as natural sunscreen for the skin. It protects the skin cells from sun exposure leading to less UV damage.
3) Dark Chocolate – Cocoa contains antioxidants that are essential for healthy skin. It helps protect against sunburn and will improve blood flow and skin texture.
4) Water – Everyone knows this, but the key to glowing and hydrated skin is to be hydrated, with water. Drink 2 liters a day. Many fruits and vegetables contain high amounts of water which will contribute to your daily intake such as celery and watermelon!
5) Red Bell Peppers – They contain more Vitamin C than an orange. A key vitamin in maintaining healthy skin and preventing wrinkles.
WHAT TO AVOID:
- Limit your dairy intake as consumption can cause excess sebum and result in acne and inflammation for most people.
- Limit amount of processed and refined sugars consumed, they will spike your insulin levels and also result in inflammation and clogged pores.